Today I could sleep a bit longer (read 7:30am) because we planned on doing a nero and hike out after lunch. First we called our families, took a quick shower and packed our stuff. Afterwards we went downtown to meet up with Ann for lunch. We took the car again so we would be faster. It was really nice to see Ann again! Unfortunately she’s been still struggling with her foot so she is taking it easy and probably take one more zero today. We went to the Fifth Season store once more because Stefi needed to buy new insoles. The lady at the checkout told us that supposedly the storm is supposed to be even stronger tonight with more lightnings. It kind of got me and Stefi thinking whether it is a smart idea to hike out today. We grabbed lunch at the Pipeline – delicious! – and decided to ask Donna whether we could stay one more night.
She said it is completely with her so we ended up having an unexpected zero in Mount Shasta. Morover, Ann was also able to stay at hers with us so in the evening we all went in the hot tub again. Right after the thunderstorm started and lasted at least two or three hours. Me and Stefi were extremely happy with our decision to stay at Donna’s one more night. If we were to hike out we would definitely been miserable. We kind of felt sorry for the others because they got caught up in an another storm two nights in a row. Without having a tent! Hopefully they are fine. After the hot tub we ate dinner and then just chilled a bit longer before we fell asleep.

Leave a Reply